The volunteers for this project are beginning to come in: both students and ALs. I made the mistake of saying in my Sesame article that we were looking for students. In truth anyone with a knowledge of Java would do. This coming week I will be:
- Processing the offers of help.
- Writing a sample 2.5 k of words, probably of a section around 20-30.
- Developing some podcasts. I have recently bought some glitzy podcast equipment for my department and am keen to use it.
- An online book incorporating text, computer art and podcasts.
- A series of computer programs which can be used for illustrative purposes.
- An e-learning course.
So far, few problems. The only one that I had not anticipated was that a number of mainland Europe students are keen to get involved. The book token that we are sending out is for Waterstones. I am not sure that Waterstones cover mainland Europe so I am offering these students two options:
- We buy the book and ship it by parcel post
- They buy it and we send them the money.
That’s all for now. I will be updating this blog on a near weekly basis.